Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

One Month Update

Alana likes...

  • Being upright on daddy's shoulder with both arms on his back
  • Nursing (she's gaining weight quickly)
  • Sucking on her paci when sleepy
  • Being out and about (the times I've taken her out, she sleeps the whole time)
  • Stretching (after we unswaddle her, she stretches for a good minute)
  • Bathing
  • Being sung to when sleepy
  • Going on walks and being outside

Alana dislikes...

  • Going to sleep when too sleepy (she'll get overly tired and then have a hard time falling asleep)
  • Being cuddled, rocked, stimulated too much when sleepy (she likes to be left alone when she's overly tired.  If she's overly tired, I've noticed it's best to swaddle her, put her paci in her mouth, and let her fuss for a little bit.  She usually falls asleep in 10 minutes or so)
  • Being cold after a bath
  • Getting her face washed
  • Getting her frenulum clipped at the doctor's office!  This was done to help her nurse

One Month Stats
Weight:  9 lbs 14 oz
Height:  21.5 in
Head:  14.5 in

Alana is healthy and is gaining weight quickly.  Her doctor was very happy at her 4 week appointment with her weight gain, especially since Alana had trouble nursing the first couple of days after coming home from the hospital.  Part of the nursing problem was due to Alana's tongue tie, which she had clipped at her first doctor's appointment on July 31st.  After that and with the help of a nursing shield, she got the hang of nursing.  She likes to eat every 2-3 hours night and day, so mommy is not getting much sleep.  I don't mind though and am doing surprisingly well.  I used to think the sleep deprivation would be a problem, but my body has adapted.

At night, Alana is sleeping in the bassinet connected to her pack 'n' play in our room.  I plan to move her to her crib in her nursery when she is 6 weeks old.  During the day, she naps in various locations.  When she was really little, she enjoyed sleeping belly down on our stomachs.  She seems to be growing out of that.

I love her feet.  Her toes are long and she curls them under most of the time and they just look cute!  They are also quite ticklish.  We also like her wimpers and other cute sounds.  She smacks her lips after she's done eating and we love hearing her breathe and pant when she's on our shoulders.

She can still wear newborn diapers, but they are snug and we're starting to transition her to size 1.  Her newborn clothes still fit, but some of them are also getting tight.  Her umbilical cord has still not fallen off.

Andrew and I absolutely love Alana and parenthood has been extremely rewarding already.  Andrew is an absolutely awesome dad and is handling poopy diapers and a crying baby very well.  I can honestly say, that when he's home, he is the main one changing Alana's diapers!  He is very much hands-on.





No comments:

Post a Comment