Alana is growing fast. She is in the 90thpercentile in both weight and length. Her doctor was impressed, especially since I have not yet introduced solid foods, rice cereal, or formula. That made me feel good because it’s not easy or convenient to continue nursing after returning to work. If you’re familiar with Jeff Foxworthy’s comedy piece “you might be a redneck if…” mine would be called “you might be a nursing business woman if…” and would include things like insulating a filing cabinet drawer with a fleece blanket for your pump, hoping the blanket will reduce the obnoxiously loud pumping sound that you’re sure everyone in the office can hear.
The pediatrician also commented on Alana’s social development. She said Alana was very responsive, alert, and happy, and that she makes great eye contact. Of course Andrew and I'd like to think Alana is developing well, so it’s nice to receive confirmation from a medical professional.
4 Month Stats
Weight: 16 lbs 5 oz
4 Month Stats
Weight: 16 lbs 5 oz
Length: 25.5 inches
Head: 16.25 inches
Head: 16.25 inches
Alana likes
- Music. Every morning on our way to daycare, we listen to classical music and Alana falls asleep. I choose to think it’s because the music is soothing. I guess she could be falling asleep because she’s bored—ha! Who knows. Music with distinct beats also make her sleep. Moments in Love by Art of Noise is one of her favorites to sleep to. She likes being sung to. She smiles and laughs. I try to sing a lot of German songs to her, since I’m not consistently speaking German to her. We sing Alle Meine Entchen, Bunt Bunt Bunt Sind Alle Meine Kleider, Die Affen Rasen Durch den Wald, Der Kuckuck und der Esel, Gott Hält die Ganze Welt… and lullabies that soothe her, Der Mond is Aufgegangen, Guten Abend Gute Nacht.
- Sophie. Sophie is a little squeaky, rubber giraffe. Sophie seems to be an “in” baby item now available in most baby stores. All my friends raved about it, so I registered for it and got it. Sure enough, Alana loves Sophie. She laughs and smiles EVERY time she sees her.
- Papa’s fake laughs. Andrew can make Alana laugh almost any time. In a high pitched voice, he does a very fake laugh, “he he he he he. Ha ha ha ha ha” and Alana loves it.
- She doesn’t love the bulb syringe, but what baby does. She has never cried, but she turns her head whenever I try to use it.
- Sneezes and coughs. Sometimes she is startled when Andrew or I sneeze and cough but she usually recovers quickly by giving us a big smile after.
I love how much Alana giggles and laughs like she is in this video
She's starting to use her Bumbo
Hanging out with Sophie
Sometimes she sleeps with her eyes slightly open
She wears mostly 6 month clothing
She chews on her hands a lot and she can soak a shirt in seconds





I LOVE That hat!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete