Allie was born just a few days after Alana. It was fun being pregnant at the same time as Karen especially since she and I have been friends for such a long time. We played tennis together from 7th grade through 12th and were doubles partners in high school and co captains our senior year.
Karen is one of the hardest working people I know. She is dedicated to everything she commits to and is beautiful inside and out. She is sweet and humble and the kind of person who seems to exhibit all the fruits of the spirit all the time. Allie is one lucky and blessed baby to have her as a mother!
Side note: Karen was actually the main reason Andrew and I started dating in high school. Andrew had been pursuing me for a while but I only liked him as a friend. He finally decided to give up, but the very next day Karen told him she thought I was starting to like him back. That was just what he needed to hear and the rest is history as they say.
Below is a video of Alana and Allie's first encounter. How fun it was to meet Allie! She is super super cute and has gorgeous blue eyes and long brown hair. She is petite and she really analyzes her surroundings. Overall she's very calm.
After leaving Karen's inlaw's house, we visited with Grant and Jess. Jess made lunch for us and then we hung out for a while. I'm glad they live close. Here's a video of Jessica and Alana. I think they noticed how much Alana has grown.
Kira, You are the sweetest most loving and supportive friend. You are an amazing woman and I have always admired you immensely. You are so creative and to all things well. Alana is so blessed to have you as her mother. I am so thankful I get to go through this journey with you! Love always!
ReplyDelete