Kira was out of town last week, from Wednesday through Friday, leaving Alana in the unsure hands of her father. Me. Unfortunately, I came down with a sinus infection that week and actually stayed home from work on Wednesday and Thursday to get some rest. Fortunately, I consider myself to be the toughest person in the house, when Alana and Kira are away, so I soldiered on and had some very fun days with my daughter. A normal day without Mama includes:
- Frequent napping
- Active inactivity (sometimes misconstrued as laziness or what some may call slothfulness)
- Not bathing
- Playing on the floor
- Lying on the bed laughing at the ceiling fan
- Chewing on plastic giraffes
- More napping
- Wiping seemingly infinite amounts of snot and boogers from our nose
After all of that, I would pick Alana up from daycare:)
She seemed to do pretty well without her Mama, except for the first morning. Normally, I get her from her crib, change her diaper and bring her into our bed to nurse. On Thursday morning, the first morning that Kira was away, I brought her into our room, she looked at the side of the bed where Kira usually sleeps and started crying when she didn't see her Mama. That was sad, but made Kira feel good when I told her.
The weather was nice last week, so we went for a walk on Thursday to get her some air and she seemed to enjoy it very much. Last week showed me just how amazing Kira is as a wife and mother. I couldn't imagine having to raise Alana on my own and I'm thankful that I don't have to. Anyway, I tried to take a few pictures and videos to send to Kira while she was away and I made a little video compilation of our time. Enjoy!
Congrats on your first blog post :) I missed both of you very much last week, but I have to admit, I also enjoyed the "me" time. It helped that my company paid for me to get a massage and that it was sunny and almost 80 all week in Arizona.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, I'm impressed, and Alana even shared her giraffe with you!
ReplyDelete