Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Eleven Month Update

I promised I'd be more timely with this one, so here it goes.

Swim Lessons
Alana took swim lessons this last month. A gentleman from our church teaches the class and his wife suggested that we start Alana early. Their sons actually swam before they could walk. 

Long story short, Alana can swim now!

Just kidding. The goal of the class was to merely introduce the children to the swimming pool and get them comfortable in water. There were three other children in the class and Alana was the youngest. She did very well. They played pool games, practiced kicking their feet, blowing bubbles, and going under water. To my surprise, Alana had no problem having her head completely under. By the end of the week, she even froggy kicked when Andrew dunked her under and pushed her toward the instructor. Overall, the class was beneficial. She had fun and Andrew and I walked away with swimming teaching tools we can use with Alana going forward. 

I think Alana's favorite part of the week-long class was the reward she got the last day. 


Fun Facts
-Alana has seven teeth now. 
-She loves turning nobs and playing in Papa's truck. 
-Sometimes when she eats, she smacks her lips.
-Immediately after she sneezes or coughs, she looks around and smiles.
-At night lately, she's been wanting to cuddle after nursing. 
-She still wears size 4 diapers. 
-She's now in some size 18 months, but mostly still in 12 months. 
-She likes playing in the dishwasher and fridge. 
-She sometimes gets so excited, she'll scream really loudly. 


Discovery Center 
Alana went to her first birthday party this last weekend. It was held at Discovery Center of Murfree Spring. It's an interactive children's museum. I thought she'd be too young to enjoy it, but I was wrong. She loved the various cars and trains and really loved the play area designated for her age group. The only other baby there was an 18 month old boy and they immediately gravitated to each other. Alana was as giddy as she gets when we play under the blanket, so we know she had fun!


Weaning
Recently, I started cutting out daytime feedings. After the biting and strikes, it was an easy transition. Alana now nurses when she wakes, at nights, and sometimes during the day on weekends, but she gets formula during the day at daycare. I'm so happy to be done pumping! Soon, she'll be transitioning to milk. 

Food
Alana still loves to eat, so I'll end with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment