Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Greenway, Blocks, and Oktoberfest

The weather here in Nashville is beautiful right now. It's starting to feel more like fall. The trees are just beginning to change colors and the days are generally sunny and warm, but sometimes cool and crisp. We try to spend as much time outside as possible. 

There's a scenic new greenway in our neighborhood where we like to ride our bikes. It's still not officially open, but people are using it anyway. I was so excited when I discovered this thing! The convenience is the best part because it's practically in our backyard. 

There's a little creek that runs along the greenway where we recently found a grown-over concrete bridge with people's names and dates engraved. I was surprised to see one of the years was 1946.





This morning Alana helped Papa put together her table and chair set. She wasn't content just watching. She wanted in on the action - holding the screwdriver and handing Papa the nails. 


Alana has been learning about drums in school, so when she saw the guitar hero drum set that I had pulled from the attic while cleaning, she wanted to play. 


Lately, Alana has enjoyed her building blocks. She received a really cool Lego-type set for her birthday and is getting better at building higher structures. She built this one with no help. 


 

We went to Oktoberfest in Germantown earlier this month. It was a rainy day. We actually went to meet up with a German meetup group, which I had found online. My main goal in joining the group was to find some German-speaking playmates for Alana. We haven't met anyone with young children yet, but we've only been to one social event. Andrew was a great sport, Alana loved people-watching, and I enjoyed getting to know some new German speakers. By the end of it, I realized we hadn't taken any pics, so I asked Andrew to snap this one even though you can't really see any of the festivities. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Alana's tower! Allie just loves to put her doll on the car and drive it around the house making car noises. :)

    ReplyDelete