We had lots of fun at Breakfast with Santa this year, can't you tell?
Boy, has she grown since last year...
Alana had a school party on Tuesday before Christmas Eve. The parties aren't anything elaborate, but I still enjoy going because it's fun to meet the other kids' parents and also see Alana in her element. She is a lot chattier around her friends.
In this picture, Henry is at the end of the table. Alana and Henry are really good friends. I've seen them hug and kiss on multiple occasions. Don't worry, Andrew has had a talk with Henry to make sure he has the right intentions.
We stayed in Nashville for Christmas. Although it was a little weird spending Christmas away from family, we thought it would be best not to drive to Ohio because we traveled to Abilene to see my grandparents over the New Year. Going to Ohio and back and then to Abilene and back would have been a lot of travel for a young toddler.
Luckily, thanks to technology, we still got to celebrate with Andrew's family. We sent videos and messages back and forth and video-chatted on Christmas Eve.
We decided we'd celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve and open all presents then, but as we were opening gifts, I noticed Alana got a bit overwhelmed - too many new toys (#firstworldproblems)! So, we ended up leaving some for Christmas day. Spacing it out like that was perfect. She could enjoy each gift. Thank you everyone for the wonderful presents!
Christmas Eve
Playing with a new puzzle
Christmas morning was a typical morning. Alana is wide awake while I sip coffee and check email in bed and try to wake up :)
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!




I love all the GIFs. That puzzle looks so cool what a great size for her to be able to handle. I'm so glad the boots fit her! Hopefully they don't slip around as much. Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
ReplyDelete