Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, November 30, 2014

16 Month Update

Quick Alana Update
Four molars are now completely in, so Alana has a total of twelve teeth.  She usually loves getting her teeth brushed, but tonight was the first night she was not happy about it.  Not sure what that was about, but I hope it was a one-time thing...

She's wearing size 5 diapers (I'm going to move her up to 6's soon), size 18-24 months or size 2T clothing, and size 6 - 6.5 shoes.  I think she's starting to lean out.  At her 15 month appointment, she was in the high 80th percentile rather than her usual 90th.  I'll be curious to see where she stands at 18 months.  For now, I like to think of her as "strong" - this is a term I picked up from my Chinese friends who use it quite often to describe chubby babies.  The chubbier the baby, the "stronger" the baby.

Alana got her first haircut a couple weekends ago.  Her mullet was out of control.  Thanks, Aunt B, for giving her such a cute haircut!


Alana's vocabulary is constantly improving and her sign language is getting better as well.  This last month, she has become consistent with signing "bitte", which is "please" in German.  It's amazing how many words she can understand in both languages and how many words she can speak.  One of the most recent additions was "bubbles", which is much easier to say than the German word "Seifenblasen".  She also learned "gobble, gobble, gobble" just in time for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving
Speaking of Thanksgiving, we got to spend it with some of our favorite people - the Reinhardts and Warfields.  The Thanksgiving meal was fantastic.  I'm blessed to be part of a family whose women know how to cook.  Jessica, Sarah, and I split the work and it all came together really deliciously.  We had turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean bundles, sweet potato casserole, cranberry fluff, cranberry sauce, and rolls.  For dessert, Jessica made apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies.


We played games on Thursday and Friday and decorated sugar cookies while listening to Christmas music.  I wish I had taken a picture of the cookies.  Sarah had some pretty masterful creations and I'd like to think mine weren't too shabby either.

I did get a picture of Alana and Sarah snuggling by the fire.

Simon, Sarah, and Andrew went to the shooting range one day as well.  


One of my favorite things about this weekend was that Alana got to spend quality time with some of her aunts and uncles. With baby Warfield on the way, I couldn't help but think how crazy and fun the journey will be as our families expand. At this time next year, baby Warfield will already be six months old and Alana will no longer be the only kid around!  She'd better soak up all of the attention while she can.






No comments:

Post a Comment