Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, March 10, 2014

Seven Month Update

New things this month...

Teething!  This time, for real.  A few months ago, we thought she started teething, simply because she was sticking everything in her mouth and was slobbery.  However, at her six month appointment, the doctor said she had not yet started.  Almost exactly on her seven month birthday, I felt a tooth cutting through while Alana was chewing on my finger. 

Separation anxiety.  This mostly happens when we drop off Alana in the nursery at church, but occasionally it happens at daycare.  Alana starts crying when she sees me leave.  I try not to be that mom who lingers around forever, making the separation even more difficult, but I must say it's hard not to comfort her when she looks so pitiful. 

Constipation.  For about two weeks, Alana's BMs changed significantly.  They went from very soft to hard. I eliminated all possible causes and it still didn't get better. Luckily, she had BMs every day and didn't seem to be in pain, so I never got too worried.  I guess it was just a phase she went through. 

She's more mobile.  She does log rolls across the bed and floor.  She sits for long periods of time and she likes to stand and scoot. She doesn't quite crawl, but has a way of scooting around on her belly.

Crying for Mama.  I don't know that it's intentional, but she has started saying "ma-ma-ma-ma" when she cries.  So, now she says both ba-ba and ma-ma.  Here is proof.

                                           

She shakes her head, waves, and claps too.  This video doesn't show her waving, but you can see her clap and shake her head.  



Enjoy these other pictures and videos from last month.



2 comments: